How do you manufacture the world’s cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what’s possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they’re making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
The primary purpose of the Reliability Engineer position is to identify the pro-active reliability requirements for assets to increase plant productivity, maximize reliability performance in a sustainable way and to capture all opportunities to improve processes while reducing total cost. This will be achieved through actions to review and update the site criticality assessment, implement/review the Reliability Centered maintenance (RCM) program to ensure appropriate deployment, evaluate proactive work results, follow up with appropriate action to restore asset integrity and carry out investigations into failures to eliminate their root causes. All opportunities to improve asset integrity will include equipment standardization, practice standardization and cost savings through these efforts.
- Audit areas and evaluate their position in the reliability model
- Determine the function, capability, functional failure modes, probability of failure, impact severity and acceptable risk for assets to define the right maintenance requirements to eliminate functional failures and their effects.
- Review PM/PdM programs and make recommendations on ways to improve them.
- Develop Reliability Strategies and systems.
- Coordinate PdM efforts on site to measure and secure an upward trend of the asset health. Identify and implement opportunities for improvement of asset health to optimize plant uptime in constraint areas of the business.
- Develop the work preparation process to ensure job plans are prepared that explains the correct proactive tasks for effective work execution.
- Develop the RCM: improvement tasks, inventory management, RCA, RCM, 5Why, 5S, eMoc and precision maintenance skills improvement using reliability knowledge.
- Lead, as required, the RCFA and RCM processes within maintenance organization using cross functional teams to ensure appropriate changes to the PM/ PdM program or plant modifications are made which improve reliability and reduce avoidable maintenance costs.
- Teach site personnel in the reliability work processes to ensure continued alignment to the reliability improvement efforts.
- Propose replacement projects based on asset health and conditions for the respective area of responsibility.
- Establish cycles of improvement to ensure a sustainable reliability process.
- Key Technical/Functional Skills:
- Expert with Microsoft Office
- Ability to read and understand engineered drawings
- Experience with vendor and equipment qualification and testing
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow/Green Belt preferred
- Working knowledge of asset Reliability techniques
- Working Knowledge of daily and outage Planning and scheduling
- Understanding of Predictive and Preventive maintenance practices
- Working knowledge of continuous monitoring systems
- Understanding operating context of site assets / process systems
- Have working and practical knowledge of multiple on-condition asset monitoring technologies
- Conversant with and able to facilitate multiple RCFA processes.
- Conversant with FMEA and capable to facilitate RCM process
- Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related with at least 7 years of experience in maintenance/reliability or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to change maintenance culture in a manufacturing environment
- Proven and demonstrated working knowledge of reliability process and activities.
- Demonstrated implementation of key tactics like contractor management and failure analysis.
- Parts management experience with store rooms and local stores
- Master's Degree in Business, Engineering or related with at least 10 years of experience in maintenance/reliability or equivalent.
- CMRP certified
Click here to apply!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.