The Industrial Pre-Treatment Coordinator (IPP) is responsible for the performance, execution, administration, and where appropriate the enforcement of all aspects of the Industrial Pre-treatment Program (IPP).
- Monitor 500+ Significant Industrial User’s (SIU’s) in the service territory through sampling and inspection.
- Review self-monitoring reports submitted by Industrial User’s (IU’s).
- Oversee administration of grease removal program.
- Provide reports on data surveys and monitoring reports relevant to the IPP monthly and as necessary.
- Observe, inspect, and sample wastes being discharged to the collection system to ensure compliance with the rules, regulations, and requirements of the IPP.
- Review and participate in the development and revisions to the Program.
- Maintain files of all pretreatment actions.
- Completion of the Annual IPP report.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree with major course work in chemistry, environmental science, or civil/sanitary engineering preferred.
- Experience in areas related to industrial treatment and or handling of industrial/hazardous materials. Prior Industrial Pre-treatment Program (IPP) administration experience preferred.
- Experience with inspecting food establishments (e.g. experience as Building Inspector, Health Dept Inspector, past IPP Coordinator, etc…)
- Experience with the different types of grease traps, grease interceptors, kitchen sink drain configurations, and understand what they’re looking for
- Experience with at least some type of sampling
- Be detailed and through with their recordkeeping (chain of custody, inspection results, etc.)
- Be efficient with time management and able to work on their own with no supervision
- Efficiency in use of data management systems
- Above average computer, reading, mathematical, and scientific skills.
- Good presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose complex problems and determine remedial action.
- Ability to plan, organize, and adhere to schedules.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
To be considered for the position (req. #17538), please submit your resume to the job posting at SUEZ Careers: https://hris-suez.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=17538&site=8