Maintenance Reliability Techs are responsible for achieving the highest level of reliability for plant equipment through performing tasks required to maintain equipment in ‘Like New’ condition and minimize downtime. These individuals will use advanced training and knowledge to perform equipment/process/system maintenance, troubleshoot equipment, make repairs and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Perform data collection and analysis of the various predictive technologies, including, but not limited to, Vibration Analysis, Oil Analysis, Infrared Thermography and Ultra-Sonic testing of all critical operating equipment located at our 2 Water Treatment, 2 Water Reclamation facilities, Pump stations located at our reservoirs and booster pump stations and 67+ lift stations located around the city.
- Develop and present technical reports to our Reliability Engineer that meet the requirements that have been set by the Department of Water Management.
- Ensure customer relations, technical services, reporting, safety, administrative functions, and proper business practices are held to the highest standards.
- Read interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and services.
- The ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze the information, identify implications of data, draw appropriate conclusions, generate viable, alternative solutions to a question or problem, and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative.
- The ability to define, diagnoses, and resolve problems. This includes seeking, logically examining, and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem's cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and to prevent its recurrence. Participates in proactive maintenance activities such as FMEA’s (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), RCCA (Root Cause Corrective Action), Analytical Troubleshooting (ATS).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXERIENCE
- MS Office/ability to work within a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- HS diploma and one additional year of technical or vocational training or equivalency
- Minimum 3 years exp.
- Valid NC Class C driver’s license
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Associates/Technical degree
- 4 – 6 year’s exp.
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance management concepts and technologies as applied to water treatment and water reclamation processes strongly preferred
- Strong communication and troubleshooting skills
- Strong proactive maintenance and reliability thought process
- Preferred Training/Certifications:
- Ultra-Sonic Level-I or equivalent analytical skills in similar role.
If not certified, be willing to get certified from Level I to III
- Level I Infrared Thermography
- CMRT (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Technician)
Enjoy our generous benefit package that includes flexible schedules, medical, dental, life, 401(K), 457, retirement, flex spending accounts, vision, plus other benefit options. The City enjoys over 10 holidays with extra days during the holiday season in addition to generous vacation accruals.
EOE Individuals selected for offer of employment must pass the City of Durham physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background investigation to include the DMV. You must have the legal right to work in the US. The City will not sponsor any applicant to obtain documentation of that right to work.