Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team in Selbyville, DE as a Maintenance Superintendent. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
The function of the Maintenance Superintendent is to manage and provide technical support as required for delivery of all maintenance activities required to support the plant operations.
- Training and development of subordinate staff
- Organizing, motivating, and maintaining an effective maintenance program to ensure the facility performance objectives are met.
- Plan and schedule equipment repairs and schedule and execute required preventative maintenance (PM) using a computerized maintenance management system.
- Proactively provide feedback to management regarding hazards in the workplace and deal with emergency situations.
- Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal rules, regulations and guidelines
- Develop and adhere to job safety analysis regarding all potentially hazardous tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years proven experience in processing Poultry Plant 1st Processing maintenance management.
- Associate Degree in related field preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of education preference.
- Ability to maintain and repair all production facility equipment in a manner that minimizes downtime.
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical duties that need to be performed on plant systems.
- Strong mechanical background along with food service experience in an industrial environment.
- Ability to determine root causes, diagnose issues and restore systems/processes, and estimate time, cost, materials and scheduling as necessary for completion of projects.