Responsible for ensuring that DFA products are produced and distributed to the highest food safety and quality standards.
Responsible to direct all maintenance activities (preventive and corrective work orders). and engineering activities.
Lead and manage the scheduling, training, and performance of maintenance mechanics, the environmental technician, and outside electricians (when utilized).
Control and coordinate all equipment materials and supplies required for replacement, repair, and plant expansion and improvement projects.
The position requires continual coordination with the purchasing and inventory control functions, as well as with plant management, to meet the critical production priorities.
Responsible for the plant environmental program, ensuring that the plant meets current regulatory and corporate requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all DFA GMPs and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality and sanitation requirements
- Ensure safe working conditions for employees and compliance with all state and federal regulations regarding health and safety issues
- Effective execution of plant capital projects; including scope development, bidding, submitting capital requests for internal review, coordination of project completion and adherence to budget costs
- Perform replacement analysis of equipment considering space costs, depreciation, service life, maintenance costs; and advising production manager of this information and directs appropriate actions
- Direct and control the plans and specifications for outside contracting work, i.e. bidding process, priority, through the direction of corporate purchasing and/or the Plant Manager
- Recommend expense or capital projects to the Plant Manager, which are necessary and/or will improve the operational efficiency
- Coordinate training with supervisors and plant employees on new equipment and processes
- Analyze and solve technical maintenance issues
- Manage and develop plant maintenance programs to ensure minimal downtime
- Oversee Maintenance Mechanics and contract electricians. Develop appropriate training programs to address developmental needs
- Develop short and long term planning, objectives, programs and goals and department budget and cost controls
- Coordinate maintenance and capital related material needs. Oversee receipt of materials and services and approve for payment. Oversee that adequate inventories of maintenance parts and supplies, including electrical parts and supplies, are maintained. Oversee files of purchasing activities and prepare various reports as required. Advise plant management of situations which may result in shortages and of unavailable parts or substitutions
- Directs the continual care of plant facilities in a manner which will result in well-maintained buildings and operational equipment, improved operating and material handling methods and reduced costs.
- Maintain an effective PM program for facility. Continually maintain the preventive maintenance programs on all production machinery and equipment through effective scheduling and training or employees, and local maintenance contractors. Update the preventive maintenance programs for all new production machinery and equipment
- Maintain reliable electrical distribution and plant utility systems (steam, air, water, refrigeration) to support sustained, uninterrupted plant operations
- Maintain an effective controls architecture and process instrumentation for all ingredient processing systems to ensure personnel safety, food safety and quality, and process efficiency
- Ensure that all environmental policies/procedures within the plant reflect the current regulatory requirements and are within the DFA guidelines and proper reporting is completed
- Ensure that all Reading personnel are adequately trained in their responsibilities within the plant environmental program.
- Perform routine environmental plant audits. Maintain environmental and DOT facility records
- Perform weekly and monthly wastewater testing/reporting for by-products being discharged. Maintain inventory of all waste streams in the facility, ensuring appropriate disposal and implement ways for reducing waste
-Prepare and submit all facility regulatory environmental permits renewal applications.
- Responsible for implementation of relevant and new regulations, staying in contact with state regulators.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years technical training in related mechanical and electrical studies, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years' experience in a Food Manufacturing facility
- 2+ years experience in a management/leadership position
- Working knowledge of PLC programming
- Environmental compliance experience required
- Experience managing capital project and capital project budget required
- Organizational and record keeping skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of safety related issues, including compliance with State, Federal and Local regulations
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills
- Labor Relations experience
Preferred Qualifications: - College degree (i.e. Bachelors) - SAP experience