The position is responsible for developing, continually improving and directing primarily production and utilities based maintenance and reliability program including ensuring they are designed, run, and cost-optimized. Fully tuned with reliability programs to be more effective, efficient and maximizing plant up times with 24x7 support of site maintenance supervisor. Assist and /or lead assigned Capex project engineering in developing, ideas, reviewing drawings, plans, schedules for cost-effective execution. Review reports in computerized maintenance management system hands-on, optimizing preventive and predictive maintenance plans. Back-up maintenance supervisor as required. Holds a budgetary responsibility of engineering and maintenance elements.
- Optimize equipment based preventative and predictive maintenance plans, ensure a complete end to end work order cycle is delivered on time and cost-effective basis in multi-discipline trades. Eliminate waste, mitigate risks when observed, thus saving time and cost.
- Direct primarily maintenance team consisting of supervisor, multi-discipline outsourced maintenance contractors, engage repair and maintenance vendors, and contractors. Works with the purchasing team in establishing maintenance related contracts.
- Ensure all pieces of equipment are correctly installed, operated, and maintained including both rotating and static.
- Establish a robust and effective reliability-centered maintenance program and mechanical integrity program.
- Challenges status quo and demonstrate reducing corrective and breakdown work orders while tuning PM programs and overall maintenance cost reduction.
- Review and continuously improvise current maintenance practices, create required checklists, procedures, and frequencies. This includes equipment repair and rebuilds procedures and practices.
- Operate computerized maintenance management system as needed, review work order management, make processes leaner, audit work orders, ensuring good record-keeping for reference and compliance.
- Ensure effective outsourced contractor management and verify/audit timesheets/service reports.
- Review and approve plant shutdowns including statutory inspections.
- Target and ensure all efforts for zero nonconformances for applicable audit compliance such as PSM and TCPA.
- Lead and accomplish assigned maintenance improvement projects within the agreed budget and time.
- Complete all job responsibilities with the utmost level of integrity at all times, participate in plant safety programs, continuous improvements, mechanical integrity compliance, and management of change.
- Participate during annual maintenance budgeting exercise reviewing contractual, labor, material costs.
- Monitor contractor performance, initiate and lead changes as necessary if justified, and agreement with the supervisor.
Safety first mindset, role model, and proactively influences and encourages work colleagues on safety matters. Conducts safety inductions for contractors, reinforces safe working practices, procedures, and required documentation in the field primarily managing contractors. Audits fieldwork execution and authorizes stop work notices if required with appropriate feedback and corrective actions. Participates as required to improve safety-based culture and behaviors at the site for continuous improvement. Attend company-sponsored safety training programs.
- Recognizes the need for housekeeping as a pre-requisite to enhancing safety, proactive participation in performing 5S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize and sustain) in work areas and contractor’s lay down areas.
- Ensure maintenance shops and work sites post maintenance is kept clean and in order at all times.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Minimum 7-year experience in chemical/related industry as a mechanical or maintenance engineer
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering.
- Basic computer skills of using MS office suite of Word, Excel and use computerized maintenance system
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, team player, safety-first mindset, manages diversity, ability to motivate team, good contractor management skills, and promotes continuous improvement
- Performance-based on agreed KPIs (Safety, costs, quality, timeliness, areas supported, etc.)
Physical and Work Environment
Able to reach and work at heights such as tank elevations and on secured scaffolding if needed. Confined space vessel entry qualified. Able to carry and use measurement tools, lift loads if necessary in the field in a chemical plant operations environment.