Why Vacasa We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Operations at Vacasa We live by a simple motto: happy team, happy owners, happy guests. Our local people are what set Vacasa apart. We’re hospitality professionals dedicated to the communities we work with. We’re the behind-the-scenes problem-solvers who create worry-free experiences for our owners and guests.
What we’re looking for Vacasa is looking for a competent, energetic, advanced communicator, and leader to join our team as a Maintenance Manager for the Island Inn Resort on Martha’s Vineyard. This person is a hard-working individual who will embody our values while ensuring the maintenance needs of all Vacasa properties are met. This person will manage a small to medium sized group of maintenance employees and work closely with the local management team.
The Maintenance Manager is a ‘hands on’ role with staff management responsibilities overseeing the entire Island Inn physical plant: operations, maintenance and capital projects. As part of the Island Inn’s Vacasa management team, you will report to the General Manager and will be expected to work independently to prioritize work using proactive, sound judgement and planning. You must comply with Vacasa and the Island Inn’s policies and procedures, ensure minimal disruption to the Island Inn’s seasonal openings and closings, and maintain a high standard of operations and upkeep of the premises during peak season.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee maintenance operations at Island Inn Resort on Martha’s Vineyard.
- Physical Plant Structures: Maintain exterior and interior condition and repair of all buildings, structures, amenities and their working condition.
- Staff Management: Plan, recruit and manage maintenance staff to ensure delivery and completion of the maintenance program on schedule and on budget.
- Maintenance Requests: Assign and ensure completion of all all guest and management team requests.
- Mechanical / HVAC Systems / Utility Systems (Electrical, Plumbing, Septic): Regularly inspect, maintain and repair all systems to ensure good working condition. Pro-actively manage all systems in a preventative manner.
- Vendor Management: Assist in the identification, selection and management of vendor services; ensure quality and completion of work on schedule as contracted.
- Manager on Duty (MOD): Perform as MOD whenever scheduled and be available ‘on call’ as needed.
- Vehicles: Assist General Manager with the management of registrations and manage the maintenance and upkeep of the Island Inn vehicles and golf carts.
- Asset Management: Develop and maintain an inventory of all Island Inn assets and integrate the asset plan with the Property Management Plan to develop a maintenance prevention program.
- Permits and Compliance to Code & Ordinances: Work with the Town of Oak Bluffs and the state of Massachusetts to obtain any and all necessary permits and to ensure the Island Inn is in compliance with local and state codes and ordinances.
- Capital Projects: With the support of the General Manager, manage and complete approved capital projects on schedule and on budget.
- Guest and Owner Billing: Work with General Manager to estimate costs of damages and/or repairs for guest and Owner billings. Track completion of work to approved budget.
- Safety and Security: Practice and be involved in safety and security of the Island Inn 24/7. Recruit and manage security staff if approved. Ensure common areas and amenities are opened and closed as scheduled. Responsible for G building alarm and working with the town police and fire department.
- Opening & Closing: Manage and coordinate with vendors and the Town of Oak Bluffs all annual opening and closing activities to ensure that the Island Inn opens and closes on schedule.
- Pest and Animal Control: Develop, recommend and implement a pest control and animal control (i.e. birds, skunks, etc.) program each year.
- Property Management Plan: Utilize the Property Management Plan as a tool to help manage milestones and tasks to be completed each year. This plan is a rolling plan and the PMM is responsible for continually reviewing and updating the Plan each year.
- Policies & Procedures: Adhere to the Island Inn policies and procedures as set by the Trustees. Adhere to Vacasa policies and procedures.
- Emergency Crisis Management: As part of the Vacasa management team, respond to any emergencies or crisis at the Island Inn as needed.
- Vacasa standards: Meet and maintain Vacasa standards such as Owner and Guest NPS, standard unit appearance, and efficiency.
- Manage a budget for your portfolio adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis.
- Meet and maintain Vacasa standards and metrics such NPS, standard unit appearance, and efficiency
- Manage a budget for your portfolio adhering to set annual costs, with the ability to perform a cost-benefit analysis
Skills You’ll Need
- Must be skilled in a least one and knowledgeable in at least one other of the following four trade areas: Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, and HVAC,
- Technical computer skills required on all forms of hardware - laptops, tablets and mobile devices
- Professional in all forms of communications such as email, phone calls, video calls and texts
- Ability to work well under pressure in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions
- Highly responsive and reliable
- Strong attention to detail
- Must live on site; housing provided
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture