The Maintenance Manager hires, develops, and oversees the maintenance personnel ensuring the staff delivers services with the highest of standards in workmanship and performance, as they support and maintain facilities including building infrastructure, utility systems, grounds, chemical process equipment, filling and packaging equipment, boiler and refrigeration operations, third party contractor management and site security. This Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the maintenance team keep the MGK facilities, equipment, and tools safe, secure, and in good working order while taking full responsibility and accountability for adhering to and complying with the site Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) programs. This position supports EHS safety protocols and guidelines, prepares overall team budget and manages finances in accordance with budgeted costs approved.
- Hire, train, develop, and ensure staff performance meets MGK’s performance standards of solid workmanship while maintaining facilities and equipment to ensure adequate repair and maintenance of chemical process equipment and related support utilities, building and exterior equipment.
- Plan and coordinate all maintenance activities in the facility including analyzing equipment needs, reliability issues, and developing preventative/predictive maintenance programs.
- Ensure reliable infrastructure systems of the facility to ensure safety and functionality while minimizing any machine down-time.
- Plan, review, recommend, and oversee repair and installation activities with internal and external resources ensuring routine and non-scheduled maintenance/repair of production equipment is completed in a safe and expediti us manner complying with health and safety guidelines. Oversee facility maintenance such as snow and waste removal, grounds upkeep, and pest control.
- Manage critical equipment and spare parts inventory.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with contractors and service providers as well as cross-functional, MGK team members in: engineering, operations, and quality.
- Respond to operator complaints and issues related to production within an agreed upon timely fashion.
- Support continuous improvement projects and provide information on costs estimates associated with such improvements as well as operating metrics including but not limited to: safety, quality, delivery, cost , and lean thinking.
- Prepare departmental budgets and forecasts and identify capital expenditures required to replace obsolete equipment providing a cost/benefit analysis in conjunction with the Director of Facilities & Engineering
- Complete other duties as requested by management.
- High school degree or G.E.D. with experience and general knowledge of mechanical and electrical repair, refrigeration principles & fabrication
- Bachelors degree preferred but post-secondary education in facilities, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and/or HVAC required.
- 8+ years experience in working in an industrial facility providing maintenance and support with 3+ years of supervisory experience managing a team of employees, outside contractors, and vendors.
- 2nd Class “B” Minnesota Boiler Engineer’s license or higher (can achieve once hired)
- Technical Level Emergency Responder certification (completion of 40 hour program – can achieve once hired[DW1] )
- Experience with and knowledge of tools with fabrication and pipefitting desired; general knowledge of refrigeration principles
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)