- Create precision maintenance specifications for fit, tolerance, quality, and quantity, especially around fasteners, lubrication, alignment, and balance of rotating equipment
- Work with client personnel to develop wrench-ready precision maintenance job plans
- Act as a champion and subject matter expert in the application of precision maintenance optimum reference states with regard to fasteners, lubrication, alignment, balance, and precision maintenance management
- Lead teams of diverse client stakeholders to align behind appropriate technical solutions
- Execute RCA studies
- Optimize existing maintenance plans for precision, preventive, failure-oriented, and condition-based maintenance
- Establish standards and processes for assessing and monitoring critical assets (Bad Actor Programs)
- Prepare and execute workshops including training and coaching of planners, engineers, and equipment and reliability specialists
- Understand work process to minimize cost and maximize safety and productivity
- Engineering degree with at least 4 years of professional experience as a maintenance/reliability engineer or equivalent industry experience as a technician culminating in at least 4 years serving as an equipment/reliability specialist in the field of maintenance
- Experience in mechanical maintenance, reliability, condition monitoring, predictive/preventative maintenance, and maintenance systems (CMMS)
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance planning
- Able to communicate at ease with and influence stakeholders
- Process and plant know-how in large-scale industry (mining & metals, refinery, petrochemical/chemical, energy supply)
- Rotating equipment expertise a plus
- Hands-on mentality paired with professional and engaging presentation skills
- Excellent fluency in speaking, reading. and writing English.
- Working proficiency in Afrikaans, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese a plus
- Excellent MS-Office skills; ERP or special system knowledge skills a plus
- Work in the near-term will be remote. Willingness to travel is a plus for future opportunities.
Join us at T.A. Cook and stay unique. Like David.
T.A. Cook Consultants, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.