Department: Facilities (10533 E. Lakeview Dr. Scottsdale, AZ)
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Works with Facilities Director and other department personnel organizing, managing, and performing technical work associated with the maintenance of buildings, grounds and equipment.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Plans, organizes, and performs building maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to: painting, basic electrical, lighting, troubleshooting and maintaining HVAC equipment along with plumbing associated with rebuilding water closets and urinals.
- Maintains inventories of AC components i.e., contactors, HVAC Tubing, N2, acetylene torch, freon found on maintenance truck.
- Troubleshoots and maintains building irrigation drips systems.
- Repairs and maintains gym equipment i.e., basketball hoops and backboards.
- Cleans, maintains, and organizes company truck.
- Maintains equipment in good working order.
- Maintains BGCS fleet of buses i.e., emissions testing, transport for DOT inspections.
- Tracks all purchases, retains all receipts. Uploads receipts for monthly accounting.
- Conducts regular inspections of buildings and equipment for quality and adherence to safety standards set by the organization.
- Meets daily with Facilities Director to discuss maintenance issues and follow up on scheduled work.
- Retrieves and transports donations from donor residences.
- Replaces AC system filters biannually.
- May require occasional trips to Peach Springs to support/maintain remote site.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Type 2 or Universal EPA Certified
- Combination of education, training and work experience equivalent to five years of experience in one or more of the technical trades.
- Basic trade experience in the areas of, but not limited to HVAC, basic electrical, plumbing, painting, drywall, and carpentry.
- Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Basic computer skills: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to use a variety of tools and/or machinery i.e., lifts.
- Ability to perform carpentry, plumbing and electrical work.
- Heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Climb ladders and occasionally perform work in high places.
- Work performed outdoors may be subject to extreme temperatures during summer months.
- Full range of motion including, but not limited to, bending, twisting, lifting etc.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please use the following link to access our online application process: https://bgcs.org/jobs/?gnk=apply&gni=8a7885a877dab25c0177fe1807417515&gns=SMRP.