Job Description :Our Maintenance Supervisor plays a critical role in keeping the distribution center running efficiently by providing leadership and training to maintenance staff and ensuring the building and equipment remain in optimal condition and eliminate down time. Responsible for building safety program and assigned operations projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages maintenance and repair of all Material Handling Equipment (Conveyors and Forklifts), machinery, electrical and power systems, and grounds and building systems to ensure uninterrupted services and operations.
- Recommends and plans maintenance programs and work schedules to minimize equipment "downtime". Provides Root Cause Analysis when downtime occurs.
- Handles multiple projects and daily activities, meet deadlines and develop plans on how to accomplish departmental and distribution goals.
- Develops reviews and recommends methods of operational improvement within their function area involving equipment, systems, corrections, activities and practices within their area’s responsibility.
- Coordinates daily maintenance of equipment. Troubleshoots equipment and develops and maintains preventative maintenance programs with proper schedule turn time and enforce consistent audits.
- Utilizes the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to its full capability.
- Supervises maintenance staff. Manages and directs workflow of maintenance technicians in all areas of the building. Trains technicians in their assignments. Facilitates professional development by conducting on-the-job training, performance appraisals and needs assessments. Responsible for recommending and assisting in the development of training curricula.
- Serves as mentor and technical resource for technician troubleshooting and observes and coaches to maintain high standards of technician work methods by motivating, developing, counseling and providing direction to help team achieve their goals and make a consistent effort to go above and beyond. Resolve associate relations issues, addresses team member concerns, communicates essential information and enforces distribution center policy guidelines.
- Drives and ensures that all safety programs and procedures are followed.
- Builds good working relationships with operations.
- Consistently promote and conduct good housekeeping standards.
- Coordinates and maintains positive vendor/contractor relations for equipment and services as required.
- Oversees the required back stock of maintenance spare parts and supplies while minimizing inventory levels through strong supplier partnerships
- Completes reports and records and performance other administrative duties as required.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Supervises staff – 5-7 technicians
- Financial Scope – n/a
- Organizational Scope –
- Decision Making –
- Travel – n/a
Requirements :Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in a Maintenance lead position, assisting management with the assignment of work and responsibilities to coworkers, and/or other managerial tasks (e.g. monitoring work, taking attendance, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience in facilities, United States Armed Forces, distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Experience with CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) including preventive maintenance system implementation and optimization.
- Knowledge of Automated Control Systems, electrical systems, HVAC systems, water systems, building repairs and housekeeping procedures
- Awareness of state/local regulations, building codes and OSHA standards and regulations
- Knowledge of electricity, mechanical, constructions, plumbing, HVAC
- Experience coaching, mentoring and training others.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Financial Budget adherence
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Willing to work rotating shifts
Warehouse environment requiring ability to:
- Stand/walk up to 10 hours with scheduled breaks
- Work in a multi-level environment, including climbing stairs, bending, twisting, stepping, stooping, reaching, lifting and pushing on a frequent basis
- Lift up to 60 pounds on a frequent basis and 100 pounds on occasion with assistance