Plans and coordinates maintenance of equipment within a department in a proactive fashion to maximize equipment uptime and verifies repairs are effective. Effectively utilizes computerized maintenance management systems. Forms and leads teams to improve plant maintenance capabilities. Accountable for planning and scheduling department maintenance, repair and installation of production machinery and equipment. Schedules daily and weekend/down day maintenance work and maintains an up to date log of work that needs to be accomplished. Provides technical expertise, guidance and leadership for Multi-crafts, Electricians and Mechanics. Major interactions include plant management and supervision, maintenance personnel, vendors, engineers, purchasing, technical services and contractors.
• Four-year college degree in Engineering or a related technical degree preferred.
• Three to five years of direct experience in maintenance functions such as reliability planning/scheduling, reliability engineering, or maintenance supervision.
• Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, CMMS software, and CAD software.
• Develops, implements, and maintains proactive maintenance practices.
• Effectively utilizes CMMS system.
• Plans, schedules and coordinates manpower requirements for department maintenance and equipment repairs to reduce equipment downtime, minimize cost, and contribute to production efficiencies.
• Develops and implements a maintenance plan that is consistent with the TPM philosophy.
• Determines root cause of equipment failures and implements solutions to eliminate repetitive downtime
• Works with vendors and contractors on maintenance projects
• Continually evaluates effectiveness of PM’s. Updates PM’s as needed
• Determines spare parts needs and requisitions necessary parts to meet these needs.
• Provides afterhours support for a 24 hour a day operation via telephone or onsite depending on situational need.
• Performs other duties as required.
Prospective candidates will be evaluated on technical knowledge, the ability to learn, work standards, initiative, innovation, written and verbal communication, problem solving/assessment, and teamwork/collaboration.