Join the Cargill team in Fullerton as a Maintenance Mechanic!
Enjoy an Excellent Pay & Benefits Package
Build Your Career Alongside an Experienced Team
At Cargill, everything begins with our purpose to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. We provide food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 160,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Benefits and Pay:
- Starting Pay Range: $25 - $29/hr, Depending on Experience
- Shift: 2nd or 3rd Shifts Available
- PTO Available Within the First Year!
- Eligible for Annual Bonus
- Uniforms, Boots & RX Safety Glasses Provided
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Career Development Opportunities
A Typical Workday May Include:
- Communicating with the maintenance team, maintenance planner and M&R leader to maintain the operational status of all food service equipment
- Following all GHP’s, food safety and quality policies and procedures
- Ensuring that production lines remain running safely
- Performing periodic inspection/maintenance on packaging equipment, processing equipment, storage systems, plant utilities and other mechanical and electrical systems and correct deficiencies.
- Providing feedback and suggestions for improving the reliability of plant assets.
- Troubleshooting machinery and automation failures as necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, case erector, filler, palletizer, conveyors, motor control devices, such as magnetic starters, control panels, PLC’s; input sensing devices, such as limit switches, photo sensors, level sensors, etc.; other output devices, such as solenoid valves, indicators, alarms, etc. Investigate maintenance issues and provide proactive solutions to permanently resolve equipment failures.
- Performing rebuilds of equipment as necessary.
- Assisting in the installation of new or upgraded equipment and machinery
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic electrical knowledge (control systems, 230/480V wiring, photoeyes, etc.)
- Ability to quickly and accurately diagnose equipment malfunctions to maximize production availability, performance
- Ability to read and understand all safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work overtime includingweekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.