Perform duties to diagnose, plan complex and difficult installations, repairs, modifications, improvements and maintenance procedures on equipment, building facilities, vehicles and related hardware, utilizing general electrical/controls proficiencies and broad mechanical and basis machinist skills.
- Work from maintenance work orders, schedules, manuals, check lists, prints, sketches and schematics in accordance with all national and local codes and standards. Fabricate, repair, install and maintain equipment utilizing a broad range of hand tools, instruments, machining equipment, cutting and welding equipment, drilling, boring and grinding tools. Maintain strict quality standards and tolerances as required utilizing a broad range of measuring devices and tools.
- Perform a wide range of hydraulic, pneumatic, gas plumbing and piping operations. Install and repair high and low pressure hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, fittings, couplings, pumps, motors, valves, regulators, pipe, tubing and hoses. Install, diagnose, maintain and repair gas-fired ovens, burners and associated regulation and control devices. Align, level and balance machinery, pumps, motors and other associated equipment.
- Assist control engineers with the repairs, diagnoses, tear down, parts replacement and test of controls systems as required.
- Diagnose equipment issues and preform necessary repairs.
- Prepare material requisition forms and other maintenance related paperwork informing team leader of shortages in spare parts inventories.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Equipment validations, safety and quality audits.
- Perform other related duties as assigned to maintain work flow or respond to emergency conditions.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition in accordance with 5 S standards.
- Requires the ability to perform all duties within limitation of the standard methods and procedures, and in accordance with strict adherence to HSE, quality and productivity requirements
- Associates degree in a technical field or at least five years’ experience in industrial mechanical maintenance or completion of a legitimate apprenticeship program as a millwright, mechanical or machinist or holder of a journeyman’s card in any of the previous categories.
- Ability to use advanced trade mathematics together with visualizing and the use of complicated tools and equipment and use all varieties of precision measuring instruments, such as gauges. Knowledge of mechanical technology equivalent to a complete accredited apprenticeship of a recognized trade, such as mechanics or millwrights.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills to plan and perform complex installation, repair, modification and maintenance procedures on building facilities and mechanical production equipment.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment to machine and fabricate specialty replacement parts requiring considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Manual dexterity to use a wide variety of hand and power tools and complicated equipment, such as a lathe, milling machine, surface grinder, welding equipment, drill press and band saws.
- Ability to drive a fork lift and operate an overhead crane. Continuous mental and visual attention required to diagnose and repair mechanical parts.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Detailed orientated with strong statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of process related standards.
- Proven ability to develop successful partnerships with internal and external team members
Education and Work Requirements:
- Associates degree in technical field or at least 5 years experience in industrial mechanical maintenance or completion of apprenticeship program as millwright, mechanical or machinist and hold a journeyman's card.
- This position operates in a manufacturing production floor environment.
- There will be a need to enter the production floor and employee may be subject to hazards including fumes, odors or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts or vibrations and noise.
- This requires ability to safely maneuver throughout the plant and properly wear safety gear at all times.
- May be subject to environmental conditions
- Strong understanding of mechanical components
- Ability to think critically and theoretically
- Knowledge of material sciences, metallurgy, aluminum.
- Knowledge of six sigma and LEAN manufacturing principles.
- Ability to think critically and theoretically