Position Title: Facilities Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Status: Full-time (40 hrs./wk.), non-exempt
Summary Statement: Reporting to and under the direction of the Director of Facilities, the Facilities Maintenance Technician maintains a safe working environment for students, faculty, and staff by providing support for campus facilities maintenance projects, campus events and groundskeeping.
Major Functional Areas and Description of Duties:
- Assist with all facets of the college campus facilities maintenance program such as: minor interior and exterior carpentry projects and repairs, plumbing repairs, HVAC servicing, lighting repair/replacement, interior and exterior painting, lock and hardware repairs, drywall installation and/or repair and finishing.
- Assist with management of major buildings and grounds renovation projects.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining restrooms, office areas, break rooms and classrooms as well as daily trash removal, weekly recycling pick up and drop off
- Perform classroom and office furniture setup and equipment relocations.
- Perform grounds keeping, including custodial and snow removal duties as needed.
- Provide support for events through setups, operations and breakdown of tables, seating and equipment.
- Order and maintain inventory of construction, custodial and painting supplies as needed.
- Respond to electronic work order tickets, completing tasks and resolving issues.
- Provide input for vendor bids on designated maintenance projects needing to be outsourced.
- Performs other general duties as required.
Qualifications: (Experience, Skills & Abilities)
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one-year employment experience in painting/general carpentry required; experience with supervision preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with and ability to use various power tools
- Ability to work in various weather conditions.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop alternative solutions, prioritize, multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Possess excellent customer service skills. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor and attitude with external and internal community members, and strive to continually enhance the service experience.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as well as breaks and holidays as needed including 24/7 on call coverage.
- Contribute to a diverse, inclusive and welcoming learning environment with productive and positive workplace relationships.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift 80 pounds required.
- Ability to satisfy the requirements of a Post Offer/Pre-Employment Screen (POPES).
- Valid driver’s license
Please submit a letter of interest and current resume to the Human Resources department at Montserrat College of Art, email@example.com, with the subject line “Facilities Maintenance Technician”. Resumes must be received by Friday, September 24, 2021.
Montserrat College of Art is committed to creating an environment of talented and diverse faculty and staff members. Montserrat is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to diversify its workforce as a key initiative in our strategic plan. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.