Position Overview :
The Maintenance Technician will be capable of maintaining the electrical systems in the plant within the standards of NEC. Capable of and have understanding of performing repairs to other systems such as mechanical, electronics, rotating equipment, HVAC, and instrumentation. Be willing to operate in a multi-craft environment including acceptance of additional duties.
This is a day shift position.
Desire and ability to work as part of a team is necessary. This includes a rotating on call work schedule for maintenance coverage for off hours, weekends, and Holidays.
Job Responsibilities :
- Perform job tasks in a safe manner as instructed by supervisor.
- Experience with 480VAC,120v AC, 24vDC and 4-20mA systems
- Experience with calibration and installation of process control instrumentation
- Capable of interpreting schematics, blueprints, and PI&D drawings
- Knowledge of safe working practices such as lock out tag out, confined space, PPE, NFPA arc flash
- Experience with repair, rebuilding ,and laser alignment of various rotating equipment including blowers, pumps, rotary valves, and conveyors
- Capable of basic pipe fitting skills including threading, installation, and flange make up of piping spool
- Perform routine predictive and corrective maintenance on all plant equipment using various surveillances including vibration, thermography, and, oil analysis
- Understanding and repair of building and grounds systems including structural, electrical distribution, water, drains, vents, roofs, compressed air, pneumatics, and nitrogen
- Actively participate in the site safety, quality, and 5-S teams
- Works closely with engineers, maintenance techs, site personnel, and outside contractors
- Basic computer skills including use of MS Office
Minimum Qualifications :
- 5 years experience working in the industrial/chemical industry with a focus on Electrical and Mechanical repairs
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job including physical exertions of standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, and working at heights
- Must be able to wear a respirator
Education Requirements :
- High school diploma or GED required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Associates Degree with a mechanical/electrical emphasis
- Journeyman experience in the electrical field
- Experience and use of SAP maintenance module
- Experience with boiler operations
- Highly organized with proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Experience in a Chemical Manufacturing process with an understanding of Chemical products and Safety awareness.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports and records activities in the ERP system.
- Understanding how the facility’s electrical system operates under normal and emergency conditions.
- Performing preventative maintenance on variable frequency drives (VFD’s), motors, pumps, generators, etc.
- Installing or repairing faulty equipment, wiring, or control devices
- Troubleshoot equipment failures using a variety of meters
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and diagrams
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Interested candidates can apply online at:
Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician | Hexion (brassring.com)