Title: Mechanical - Maintenance Technician
Classification: Non – Exempt Hourly
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor with the responsibility for performing mechanical maintenance on plant equipment at Showa Denko Carbon graphite electrode manufacturing facility.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated team player with a strong desire to continuously improve their professional skills.
- Qualified candidates will have completed a formal 2- year craft training program in Industrial Mechanical Maintenance
- Two (2) years heavy industrial mechanical maintenance work experience or in lieu of 2-year formal craft training, four (4) years’ heavy industrial mechanical maintenance work is required.
- Five (5) years of heavy industrial mechanical maintenance work experience
- Associates degree is preferred
- Previous work experience in applying predictive maintenance technologies (vibration analysis, ultrasound, thermography, oil analysis) is highly desirable.
- Experience in using Problem-solving methodologies such as A3, RCFA, Lean 6-Sigma
- Experience using a CMMS in daily work
- Assures compliance with Company & Plant policies, health and safety standards, environmental regulations, hazardous waste, & good housekeeping practices.
- Performs mechanical maintenance tasks and related work orders on industrial equipment to correct equipment deficiencies, including but not limited to:
- Overhead Cranes and Gulpers.
- Mixers, Homogenizers.
- Hydraulic Systems and Erie Presses with a capacity of up to 3500 MTons.
- Bucket Elevators.
- Gantry Systems.
- ACME and Ball Screws.
- Tapered Roller Bearings.
- Auger Conveyors.
- Belt Conveyors.
- Pan Conveyors
- ID Fans.
- Centrifugal and Positive Displacement Pumps.
- Vapor Compressors.
- Dust Collection Systems.
- Initiates work requests and/or purchase requisitions as needed to maintain needed tools and equipment.
- Provides feedback to Maintenance Planning Department on equipment problems and opportunities for improving maintenance tasks.
- Assists Maintenance Planning Department with determining preventive maintenance requirements for new equipment and with updating procedures for existing equipment.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with Production to ensure equipment abnormalities were identified and corrected.
- Assists with investigations on major and repetitive equipment failures.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Climb stairs and vertical ladders
- Wear PPE (Respirators, steel toe shoes, safety glasses, hard hat)
- Bending, stretching, reaching, kneeling, & rotating body while in various positions.
- Good depth perception and hand/eye coordination to accommodate working with equipment at a distance.
- Lift, push, and/or pull a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Work in hot/humid or cold/adverse environments for reasonable periods of time.
- Work in dusty environments for reasonable periods of time.
- Work in wet/damp environment for reasonable periods of time.
- Work in moderate to high-level noise & vibration settings for reasonable periods.
- Work around chemicals, pitches, solvents, oils, or other raw materials, & fumes.
- Work from various heights above floor level.
- Work around a variety of mobile and moving equipment.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the colleague. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Candidates are required to take the National Center for Construction Education & Research (NCCER) Assessment test prior to interview. The test is paid for by Showa Denko Carbon, Inc.
How to apply - By Email:
Tish Grothe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Victor Vizquerra: email@example.com