Nov 30, 2021
$21.00 - $31.00 hourly
Hayashi Telempu North America
116 Lane View Drive, Frankfort, KY, USA
Technician - General Maintenance or Service
Technician - Machinery Lubrication
Technician - Preventive Maintenance
Technicians - Predictive Maintenance
- Perform skilled duties in the operation, maintenance, and repair of machines, processes and related systems.
- Maintain and repair panels, circuits, wiring, receptacles and switches, replace motors, fans, lights, starters, and various systems as needed.
- Service and repair work centers; perform preventative maintenance on devices and systems.
- Operate some equipment such as forklifts, bucket lifts and power tools.
- Installation and repair of all industrial electrical controls up to and including industrial 480-volt three-phase, AB, PLC's, and ABB Motoman robots.
- Responsible for mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic repair of manufacturing equipment.
- Possess good time management and communication skills.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Must maintain at least "meets minimum" performance standards in all categories.
- Must follow all safety programs and guidelines.
- Must understand the importance of 5S and other related policies.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
- Support continuous improvement activities within the materials processes.
- Implement manufacturing methods and techniques, such as Lean, Kanban, 5S, Poke-Yoke, and support the waste reduction efforts in the materials area.
- Ability to operate a propane-fueled forklift.
- Must adhere to proper PPE and safety requirements at all times.
- While performing the duties of this job, the maintenance tech will be in a manufacturing environment where loud noises and hot or cold temperatures are possible.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-year degree from a technical college in maintenance or other related industrial fields preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Prior automotive experience in a JIT environment is preferred. Experience in a lean manufacturing environment or knowledge of the TPS is also a plus.
- Familiarity with the Japanese business work environment and the ability to work in a global, multi-tasked, multi-cultural environment is preferred.
- Two to three years’ experience in automotive industry is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the Maintenance Technician will be in a manufacturing environment where loud noises and hot or cold temperatures are possible.
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Frequently
- Sit: Frequently
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: Frequently
- Reach with hands or arms: Occasionally
- Climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel – Occasionally
- Lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. – Occasionally
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus