Performs the preventive and reactive maintenance duties required for the manufacturing operations of the plant. Priorities of the Maintenance Technician include the execution of PM schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed to maintain maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate spare parts inventory. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week, weekends as required and fulfill on-call duties for repairs and assistance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on machines and their controls (extruders, corrugators, extrusion die, DC /AC motor & drives, downstream equipment, chillers & etc.…).
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs.
- Contact, specify, and order replacement parts & control components from supplier as needed.
- Effectively contribute to CMMS performance through timely PM & Repair Work Order completion while ensuring compliance.
- 1st responder to troubleshooting machine problems, contact Electrical Engineering if additional support is needed.
- Work with Production Staff to ensure the safe and reliable operation of plant equipment.
- Help develop and implement Continuous Improvement projects to improve production efficiencies and Safety.
- Support Daily Management directives and initiatives.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- General experience using Electrical Test equipment: Voltmeter, Ammeter, ohm meter, Megger & etc.…
- Understanding basic machine function and Sequence of Operations of production machinery.
- General experienced in reading Electrical, pneumatics and mechanical drawings.
- Basic knowledge of NEC, UL508A and NFPA 79 codes.
- Lock Out Tag Out Safety procedures.
- Arc Flash and PPE Requirements
- General industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
- Strong ability with time management and task prioritization skills o Understanding of electrical formulas and mechanical math.
- Knowledge of 3 Phase Industrial wiring and power distribution
- AC & DC Drive / Motor PMs, wiring, programming & troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot PLC I/O and networking.
- Motion Training with Servo Drives and Motors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and communicate to other plant personnel as well as company resources and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving
- High School / Vocational School Diploma or Equivalent - Required
- Technician level - Electrical, hydraulics, pneumatic - Preferred
- Basic PLC and Drive training - Preferred
- +2 years Industrial Maintenance, Electrical Systems and Controls
- Plastic process knowledge.
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employees will be working specified shifts, and moving around at all times which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
- The Position requires full range of body motion, on a daily basis, including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/X7ZQPYHALrg2SKQOi5Roo