Be part of an organization with a vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth! Maple Leaf Foods is advancing this collective vision by being guided by core Leadership Values and is the world’s first major carbon neutral food company! As an organization we are also committed to advancing diversity, inclusion and belonging by building, investing in and recognizing teams of remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity and commit to include every voice in a highly collaborate environment.
Reporting to the Asset Reliability Program-Sites Manager, the incumbent will be a member of the Asset Reliability Group, a corporate team with a vision is to create a competitive advantage by pursuing a world-class asset performance culture by leveraging best-in-class asset management & reliability practices, technology, and leadership. This team supports all the company's 20+ manufacturing facilities across North America. The incumbent will have the mandate to manage a portfolio of 5-6 manufacturing facilities and support developing and deploying the Maple Leaf Foods Asset Reliability strategy to transition the reliability and maintenance program towards world class.
As part of a larger Asset Reliability Group, the frequent interactions between the Asset Reliability Specialist, maintenance stakeholders at the plants, and corporate cross-functional teams (e.g. information solutions, food safety, finance, engineering, sustainability and operations excellence) will have a significant impact on the day-to-day activities. You will have an impact by maximizing capacity and uptime, increasing customer service, reducing maintenance costs, maximizing asset lifecycle and reducing risk for environment, food safety and health and safety.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Responsible for a portfolio of 5-6 plants across North America to deploy all Corporate Asset Reliability initiatives across 3 areas:
- Coaching and training the plants on ongoing initiatives; track progress, and ensure training effectiveness
- Facilitate internal/external training programs across all maintenance employees (technicians, planners, supervisors, managers)
- Facilitate and coordinate Reliability Shared Groups, Quarterly Asset Reliability Updates, Lunch & Learns
- Support plants in performing Skill Assessments and drafting development plans for Maintenance Academy
- Coordinate and draft Monthly Asset Reliability Bulletins
- Enhance collaboration with other functional teams (IS, Purchasing, Engineering, Finance, Sustainability) through regular check-ins
- Perform annual Asset Reliability Maturity Assessment/audit, work with the plant management to develop annual action plans to close maturity gaps; support plants in completing action plans; track monthly progress forecast yearend progress status; develop monthly reporting to the 1-up
- Monitor and track plants’ Control Plans; make corrective actions/recommendation if plants are off track/noncompliance; support plants in staying on target
- Perform monthly plant check-ins on Action Plans, Control Plans, metrics, new capital projects, reliability support projects
- Liaise between OEM/Corp Project Engineering/Plants to ensure maintenance and lifecycle requirements are provided by the OEM’s on new equipment purchase
- Enhance or develop maintenance process workflows (e.g. IPSECA workflow) by gathering business requirements, performing gap analysis, developing recommendations and implementing solutions by developing standards, SOPs, guides and delivering training
- Perform analytics by gathering and analyzing available data from CMMS (SAP Plant Maintenance) and other sources in Excel and other tools using bigdata and data science principles; develop automated Key Performance Indicator (KPI) dashboards and tracking tools using Microsoft PowerBI. Monitor to improve plant performance and identify opportunities for improvements by providing recommendations
- Participate/facilitate Asset Reliability workshops for failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis (RCA), preventive maintenance optimization (PMO)
- Publish weekly downtime reports and insights
- Support development and implementation of new technologies such as mobility (iPads), smart glasses, automated visual scheduling tools, building automation systems, asset intelligence management (PdM-IIoT), barcoding and annual SAP enhancements
- Provide training/support on best practices as it relates CMMS (SAP-EAM) data such as functional location hierarchies, preventive maintenance routines and equipment bill of materials
- Participate, support, or lead special projects (e.g. plant support projects, new equipment purchases etc.)
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Engineering degree in a related field (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Industrial, Mechatronics, Mining, Metals & Material, and Industrial preferred) from an accredited university (official transcripts required) is required
- Registration, or eligibility to immediately register with PEO (EIT or P.Eng.) is required
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Project Management Professional designation or demonstrated project management experience using PMP/SCRUM/Six Sigma methods is highly desirable
- Experience with implementing and/or knowledge of maintenance and reliability concepts is an asset
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) particularly SAP PM is highly desirable
- Advanced software skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio is required
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI is an asset
- Must be a Self-starter, high energy, people oriented, outgoing, enjoy public speaking, with superb communication & interpersonal skills
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset, thrive on innovative/critical thinker with intense curiosity challenging the status quo.
- Must be highly results oriented, extremely organized, and capable of working independently while managing multiple priorities
- Must be an outstanding team player/team builder to maintain strong working relationships
- Must be highly adaptable to constant change and comfortable in a very fast-paced environment
- Must be able to discuss concepts, manage change, and influence decision making
- Must excel in writing, presenting, and discussing technical concepts fluently in English.
- Environment – In the interim due to COVID-19 you will be primarily working from home; otherwise 50% office, 50% plants
- Volume & Complexity of Work – Moderate complexity, fast-paced, multiple deadlines.
- Travel Requirements – up to 50% travel
- Physical Requirements – None