Mar 31, 2022
UPMC Presbyterian, Lothrop Street, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Management - Operations
This position has the strategic responsibility of UPMC's facilities including assets owned or leased by UPMCS and all of its affiliate organizations. The Senior Director provides the strategic, operational planning, and leadership to all hospital facilities directors. The Senior Director will also support the areas of cost containment and reduction, improved energy utilization, compliance with all health, life safety and building regulations, as well as system integration and new initiatives. Additionally, the Director will oversee the development of both strategic and contingency capital priorities of all locations by working closely with corporate and hospital leaders throughout the organization to prioritize system needs and secure appropriate funding. Furthermore, the director will work collaboratively with planning, construction, and real estate team members to anticipate long-term Facilities? needs, ensure efficient & effective MEP/FP designs, and confirm that new/renovation projects are maintainable. This position reports to the VP Facilities & Maintenance Engineering.
- Oversee and develop CCS / Remote Operations Center as a system hub of electronic DDC and monitoring systems, providing technical interface, support, and assistance to UPMC Facilities.
- Leads Apprentice Program, Director of Commissioning, and Facilities Infrastructure Capital Process.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Facilities and Safety to provide oversight of the administration of the safety, environment of care, and emergency preparedness programs within the market group by assessing conditions throughout the facilities through building inspections, environment rounds, safety inspections, and various performance improvement initiatives to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Designs, establishes, and maintains a team organizational structure to effectively accomplish the functions of facilities and maintenance operations.
- Develops team members within the organization for trade skill competencies and professional management development.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the UPMC standards and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of team members supervised, comply with the policies, regulations, and laws applicable to the business.
- Perform human resource responsibilities for team members which include interviewing and selection of new team members, promotions, perfessional development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of concerns, corrective action, terminations, and overall morale.
- Provides leadership and direction to coordinate and provide efficient, cost-effective services between the hospitals, medical centers, ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, pharmacies, and home care facilities. Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Research new products, laws and regulations for the purpose of recommending purchases, contracts and maintaining system-wide services.
- Collaborates with site and system leaders to review and plan facility current and future operational and maintenance needs.
- Develops and implements processes for the integration and standardization of program, facilities infrastructure, equipment standards, specifications and maintenance procedures across the system for efficient workflow planning, building safety, function and design. Builds and flexes integrated building maintenance strategies and resources to support current system needs and future opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, facilities management, construction, or related field or equivalent military experience.
- 10 years of progressive experience in hospital operations with knowledge of facilities supervision, management, and construction.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and engineering drawings and specifications.
- Exceptional oral and written communications and team building skills are required.
- Excellent skills in mobile technology, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, scheduling software, accounting spreadsheets, computerized maintenance management and building automation.
- Broad understanding of the CMS standards, Environment of Care chapter of the Joint Commission, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local codes governing facilities operations and facilities safety.
- Broad knowledge of construction, planning, mechanical, HVAC and electrical design and operation.
- Broad knowledge of Facilities Compliance Standards and assuring that building infrastructure, systems and maintenance programs support those standards.
- Understanding of Facilities Water Management Plans and Programs that support water safety, system chemistry standards and infection prevention processes and systems. Knowledge of building controls, automation systems, and analytics.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran