General Summary (not all-inclusive):
The Senior Lubrication SME plays a pivotal role in helping to leverage Des-Case strategic services initiatives to accelerate the sale of our complete products portfolio, including legacy Des-Case breathers, portable and stationary filtration systems, lubricant storage systems, vacuum dehydrators, and other ancillary products. Working closely with the respective Sales Managers, Product Managers and the Reliability Services Team Members, the Senior Lubrication Consultant will provide onsite and remote subject matter support, including but not limited to;
- Conduct lubrication assessments
- Deliver training classes, workshops, and education webinars
- Provide engineering application and field engineering support to our internal and external customers
- Serve as a subject matter expert in all aspects of lubrication and contamination control.
Ideally suited to an individual who is a natural leader and change agent, the successful candidate is expected to become a “student” of the complete line of Des-Case products and services in order to serve as a project manager to Des-case clients looking for support improving their current lubrication practices.
The position is best fulfilled by an individual with:
- An excellent understanding of lubrication; its role in reliability and how precision lubrication can be implemented at the plant level
- Leadership skills, capable of selling the vision of precision lubrication, fluid handling, and contamination control
- The ability to pull together the optimum balance of internal and external resources to achieve results;
- Solid project management skills, capable of establishing themselves as a technical resource able to remove obstacles and roadblocks to get the job done.
- Work with strategic business partners within/outside the business to maximize product sales through strategic services offering (training, assessments etc.)
- Serve as lubrication subject matter expert (SME) and point of contact to provide technical engineering and application support to end-users and distribution partners.
- Serve as an SME and field application specialist in support of sales, services, and product management teams.
- Support our Strategic Account Customers by serving in project management and/or project implementation specialist roles.
- Provide product and application training to internal and external customers.
- Provide end-user training on lubrication as an instructor of Des-Case training and workshop classes.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and knowledge in all current and future Des-Case products and services.
- Be able to clearly communicate the value proposition for the complete line of Des-Case products to internal (Distribution Partners) and external (end-user) customers.
- Support product development and research activities through participation in conferences, industry-specific events, and focus groups, etc.
- Attend to all customer relationships by staying abreast of their industry, their issues, client constraints, and client opportunities.
- Remain committed and driven to the successful leverage of services and training into increased product sales.
- Remain committed to sustaining Company culture and the growth of Company core competencies.
Background & Other (preferred):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the industrial arena.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with manufacturers.
- Previous work experience involving lubrication, filtration, manufacturing, fluid power specialists, power generation, or similar industry
- Travel up to 50% as required
- A work hard, play hard mentality.
Since this position involves extensive travel and/or remote field support, the successful candidate may live anywhere within the Continental United States, provided they are within reasonably close proximity to an airport with access to both domestic and international destinations.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees but do not represent a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the statements herein do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.