Come Join our team as a Maintenance Technician on 2nd & 3rd shifts!! BONUS: All hours worked on Saturday and Sunday are paid at an additional time & a half rate!
Summary: Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts a device to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
- Ability to weld stainless and aluminum.
- Checks and repairs pumps, fans, valves, and motors.
- Adjusts, repairs, and replaces electrical and electronic pneumatic relays.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Operates handsaw, drill press, and electric drill.
- Maintains tools and machinery in good condition and uses all tools carefully and as instructed.
- Works flexible hours to meet project/task deadlines.
- Communicates with supervisor regarding task assignment, task completion and deviation from task schedule.
- Maintains and complete task schedule including written and verbal requests.
- Communicates suggestions, questions and concerns to supervisor.
- Works effectively, efficiently and positively with minimal supervision.
- Maintains the cleanliness of work area.
- Adheres to safety, food safety, quality and Good Manufacturing Practices regulations.
- Reports safety, food safety, and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Adjust functional parts of device and control instruments.
- Maintain knowledge of drawings, blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals.
- Ability to perform minor plumbing.
- Tests, maintains, and evaluates equipment performance.
- Responsible for loss or damage of maintenance tools and materials.
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions and locate sources of problems by examining mechanical devices, utilizing precision measuring, testing instruments, and listening for problems.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three to five years related experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and smell. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception. Performs tasks at varying heights.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles.
The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The temperature in the production area may be affected by outside temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer