Supports strategic and technical direction for Facilities Operations and Building Engineering Services Operations across IDA sites. Promotes best practices in equipment maintenance, critical systems, work order management, BMS, electrical, plumbing, energy management, etc. Implements the elements of Building Engineering Services to ensure the stewardship, compliance and fit for use of all IDA facilities assets & infrastructure.
- Provides leadership over the company’s building engineering and maintenance program as executed by both in house and outsourced vendors at the company’s 5 properties through sponsorship of a high performance and continuous process improvement culture driven by metrics, benchmarking and advocating best practices.
- Act as IDA’s primary technical point of contact and technical interface with the integrated facilities management (IFM) provider at IDA Virginia and DC ensuring company interests and requirements are met through both frequent and periodic meetings, audits, and reviews of the IFM provider’s practices and execution of tasks.
- Serve as the designated Building Engineering industry expert by participating in industry associations and monitoring best practices.
- Determine the best service approach for Facilities Operations and Building Engineering services by incorporating IDA business requirements with best practices and workplace experience strategies and guidelines.
- Support sourcing events including review of strategy, scope, service levels, cost baseline, RFP content, bidder lists, transition plans and contract terms.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advice for maintaining and altering high-security areas including reviewing construction documents and overseeing project delivery through the use of project management tools, design reconciliation and review, and quality control audits.
- Supports the Manager, Facilities Operations by elevating best practices, reviewing building maintenance operating budgets, and championing process improvements and innovative solutions
- Works with the Manager, Facility Operations and service providers to develop methods and procedures designed to prevent system failures, monitor performance and perform preventative maintenance/repair tasks through the review, and approval of Standard Operating Procedures, Building Operating Procedures, and special response at IDA Virginia and DC with the IFM provider and the IDA maintenance staff at IDA California, Maryland, and New Jersey.
- Provides direction to support savings initiatives, service delivery changes and the implementation of new policies or guidelines through value engineering and negotiation with IFM provider and other service providers.
- Participates with management and staff in planning and programming intermediate to long range facilities management and corporate real estate objectives by incorporating innovative solutions and recognizing both industry and company trends.
- Maintains database and documentation for all IDA properties’ building systems and assets including projecting and recommending installations of new systems at the end of useful life; recommending modifications of existing systems to extend useful life or meet regulatory requirements; and identifying areas needing improvements or upgrades.
- Ensures that strategic and technical direction for building engineering services operations are implemented within the Division.
- Monitors relevant statutes and regulations are accounted for and adhered to in building operations policy and practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 15 or more years of experience in Building Engineering. Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program/technical trades school in one of the following fields: HVAC, stationary engineering, plumbing, refrigeration.
- Broad understanding of all services that are assigned to the Facilities Management and Engineering Functions
- Ability to analyze complex issues using critical thinking, problem solving, sound judgment skills
- Ability to effectively partner and deliver results in a matrixed environment, including external service providers.
- Ability to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations to IDA
- Work requires occasional exposure to all weather elements in noisy and potentially hazardous conditions in the form of chemicals and gases. Must be familiar with basic safety practices and equipment.
- Must be willing to work hours outside of a regular schedule and be available for emergency call-in situations.
- Basic computer literacy is required.
- Budgetary experience is preferred.
- Ability to obtain appropriate security clearance.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.