Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in science and engineering on behalf of national security. We are seeking a Reliability Engineer to join The Process Maintenance & Decontamination Services group at LANL in Los Alamos, NM. In this position, you will perform maintenance on both programmatic equipment and glovebox support systems, ensuring that all program deliverables are met. The Reliability Engineer 2 will also be accountable for Preventive Maintenance Optimization, elimination of recurring unplanned asset failures and driving Reliability-centered Maintenance practices to establish and continually improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering an accredited institution
· 4+ years related experience
· Experience developing and implementing fact-based, solution-driven resolutions to manufacturing problems after thorough investigation and research
· Experience gathering and analyzing data to provide logical elimination of causal factors
· Experience implementing and sustaining Reliability-centered Maintenance strategies as a maintenance technician or reliability engineer
· Experience conducting FMEAs, RCAs, developing equipment maintenance strategies, asset criticality analysis and lifecycle cost analysis
· Experience developing others in engineered maintenance strategies
· Highly desired Training/Certifications include Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional, Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, and Lean Principles & Techniques
· Q-Clearance and HRP-Certification
· Experience leading a diverse, cross-functional team, fostering motivated and focused dedication to a vision and plan of action resulting in escalating performances in safety, quality, and productivity
· Experience developing and delivering clear, concise presentations
· Experience and working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools, techniques and methodologies (Strategic Gap Analysis, Lean Manufacturing, Design For Six Sigma, Kaizen Event, etc.)
We Are Delivering Scientific Excellence
Los Alamos National Laboratory is more than a place to work. It is a catalyst for discovery, innovation and achievement. It’s one of the reasons we attract world-class talent who contribute greatly to our outstanding culture. Professional development, work/life balance and a diverse and inclusive team foster lasting career satisfaction. Our onsite cafeterias and medical, fitness and breastfeeding facilities, education assistance and generous compensation and benefits reflect our commitment to providing our people with all they need for personal and professional growth. Northern New Mexico offers an abundance of wildlife, culture and adventures, including hiking trails and nearby ski resorts. Learn why Los Alamos has been rated #3 in the Best Counties to Live in the USA.
Requisition Number: IRC116589
Los Alamos National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse and inclusive workforce. All employment practices are based on qualification and merit, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, marital status or spousal affiliation, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or citizenship within the limits imposed by federal laws and regulations. The Laboratory is also committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request such an accommodation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-505-665-4444 option 1.