POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership, direction and oversight for the physical condition, appearance, and operational efficiency of the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents and a great place to work for associates, exceptional quality and service, sustained resident satisfaction and associate engagement.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
▪ Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of being Helpful, Engaged, Responsive, Outstanding, Excellent and Successful in all activities and interactions.
▪ Ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality completion of resident service requests.
▪ Contributes to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by providing excellent customer service; communicates effectively, appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates, management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed promptly and professionally.
▪ Identifies and completes or oversees completion of routine, preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance repairs, as well as general upkeep tasks throughout the community and on all equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records.
▪ Effectively manages all maintenance associates; ensures they are fully trained and that all job responsibilities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
▪ Oversees apartment turnovers. Repairs, renovates, paints, and cleans vacant apartments.
▪ Ensures that all areas are kept safe, tidy and free of trash, debris and animal waste, including the cleanliness of the dumpster areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash pick-up.
▪ Continuously monitors all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advises management of any areas needing attention.
▪ Maintains landscaping including watering of the flowers; performs snow removal as needed.
▪ Complies with Enterprise Residential’s policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of Enterprise Residential’s operational and human resources policies and procedures.
▪ Resolves complex or advanced service issues including sensitive communications with residents.
• Contributes to the annual budget planning process; maximizes the appeal of the interior and exterior appearance/condition of the property within the parameters set forth in the annual budget; ensures all required and necessary service contracts are in place and renewed annually such to optimize service while minimizing expense; purchases equipment/supplies in accordance with established budgets, and purchasing policies and procedures.
▪ Responds timely, appropriately and courteously to emergencies.
▪ Develops and delivers formal and informal training to associates throughout the company as assigned.
▪ Participates in and attends all required in-service training sessions.
▪ Supports other communities as assigned by management.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
Manages the maintenance department which may include: Senior Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Apprentice(s), and/or Porter(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Enterprise Residential
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TALENTS:
▪ Minimum three years as a maintenance technician or other applicable experience; prior supervisory experience preferred.
▪ High School Diploma or G.E.D.
▪ Extensive knowledge in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
▪ EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
▪ Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
▪ Ability to lead, direct, and motivate others to innovate and excel.
▪ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies
Enterprise's 2020-2025 Strategic Plan reflects what we know from 40 years of fighting for affordable housing: home and community matter most.
Enterprise is organized around three central goals: to increase housing supply, advance racial equity and build resilience and upward mobility. To achieve these goals, we operate across three divisions – Solutions, Capital and Community Development – that unify and leverage a family of purpose-built affiliates to execute our work.
Our Solutions division operates a 501(c)(3) nonprofit nationwide with programmatic, policy, advisory and capacity-building arms at the national, state and local level, working in more than 700 communities and in collaboration with thousands of partners in the nonprofit, public and for-profit sectors.
Our Capital division comprises several subsidiaries: a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that invests and asset manages a range of tax credits and equity; a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is one of the country’s largest publicly-rated Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI); and an equity interest in Bellwether Enterprise, through which we also provide access to conventional mortgage products.
Our Community Development division operates a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is one of the largest nonprofit owners and developers of affordable homes in the Mid-Atlantic and is the fifth largest nonprofit affordable housing provider in the U.S.