POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for various day-to-day service needs with regards to the physical condition, appearance and operational efficiency of the property, ensuring a safe and attractive living environment for residents, exceptional quality and service, and sustained resident satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
▪ Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the HEROES principles of being Helpful, Engaged, Responsive, Outstanding, Excellent and Successful in all activities and interactions.
▪ Ensures timely, accurate, and high-quality completion of resident service requests.
▪ Performs a variety of routine, preventive, scheduled, and emergency maintenance repairs, as well as general upkeep tasks throughout the community and on all equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records.
▪ Contributes to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by providing excellent customer service; communicates effectively, appropriately, and courteously with residents, associates, management and guests to ensure that all areas of concern are addressed promptly and professionally.
▪ Participates in apartment turnovers as directed. Repairs, renovates, paints, and cleans vacant apartments.
▪ Ensures that all areas are kept safe, tidy and free of trash, debris and animal waste, including the cleanliness of the dumpster areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash pick-up.
▪ Continuously monitors all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advises management of any areas needing attention.
▪ Maintains landscaping including watering of the flowers; performs snow removal as needed.
▪ Provides guidance, direction and training to Maintenance Apprentices & Porters.
▪ Complies with Enterprise Residential’s policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements; ensures solid understanding of Enterprise Residential’s operational and human resources policies and procedures.
▪ Responds timely, appropriately and courteously to emergencies.
▪ Participates in and attends all required in-service training sessions.
▪ Supports other communities as assigned by management.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND TALENTS:
▪ Minimum one year as a maintenance technician or other applicable experience.
▪ High School Diploma or G.E.D.
▪ Skill in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
▪ EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
▪ Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
▪ Ability to work in a fast-paced environment demonstrating strong organizational and follow up skills along with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
▪ Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact, in English, with a diverse group of associates, residents and external agencies.
▪ Ability to read, in English, at a level sufficient to understand policies and procedures, safety notices, general business correspondence and/or documentation.
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills. Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy. Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
▪ Strong attention to detail.
▪ Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
▪ Provide basic tool set.
▪ Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
▪ When on-call, be ready, available, fit for work, and able to report to the property within 30 minutes of receiving a call.
Enterprise's 2020-2025 Strategic Plan reflects what we know from 40 years of fighting for affordable housing: home and community matter most.
Enterprise is organized around three central goals: to increase housing supply, advance racial equity and build resilience and upward mobility. To achieve these goals, we operate across three divisions – Solutions, Capital and Community Development – that unify and leverage a family of purpose-built affiliates to execute our work.
Our Solutions division operates a 501(c)(3) nonprofit nationwide with programmatic, policy, advisory and capacity-building arms at the national, state and local level, working in more than 700 communities and in collaboration with thousands of partners in the nonprofit, public and for-profit sectors.
Our Capital division comprises several subsidiaries: a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that invests and asset manages a range of tax credits and equity; a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is one of the country’s largest publicly-rated Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI); and an equity interest in Bellwether Enterprise, through which we also provide access to conventional mortgage products.
Our Community Development division operates a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that is one of the largest nonprofit owners and developers of affordable homes in the Mid-Atlantic and is the fifth largest nonprofit affordable housing provider in the U.S.