Reporting to the Facilities Operation Manager, this position will assist the Athletic Facility Operations and Event Management Department with technical support for a variety of routine tasks relating to general maintenance and repairs of the Siegel Center, Thalhimer Tennis Center, Sports Backers Stadium, Sports Medicine Building, 1109 Student-Athlete Support Building, Basketball Development Center, Bowe Locker Rooms/Rehab and Baseball Player Development Center. Typical duties include scheduling and performing preventative maintenance programs; performing locksmith duties; installing and/or maintaining electrical systems, devices, controls, lights, and lighting systems; maintaining roofing systems and components; working with contractors on repairs; installing and/or maintaining plumbing systems, drains, water fountains, commodes, urinals, sinks, faucets; general knowledge of HVAC systems and their components; and performing general carpentry tasks. They may work independently or as part of a team, exercising independent judgment for routine issues, and referring complex issues to a higher level for resolution. This position must be able to interact successfully with a diverse set of constituents; ability to follow multiple task directives; ability to prioritize and work a wide assortment of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Minimum hiring standards include:
● The successful candidate will have:
1) ability to use a variety of hand tools and power equipment
2) excellent organizational and time management skills;
3) the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
4) general knowledge of facility risk management;
5) basic computer skills including the ability to use work management software
6) outstanding customer service skills and be able to interact with a diverse set of constituents.
● Applicant must have a high school diploma, be willing and able to work nights and weekends, and possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
● Applicant must be physically able and willing to lift and move chairs, tables, and other equipment (over 50 lbs). Applicant must be able and willing to use a ladder, walk through bleachers & stairs, and perform various other physically challenging tasks.
● Designated to work and be on call during emergencies and inclement weather.
· Possess a valid forklift operator’s license
Required Licenses/ Certifications
· Valid Driver’s License
VCU Athletics’ mission is to win conference and national championships, provide a first-class student-athlete experience, serve as a source of pride for the University and community, and cultivate graduates who excel as leaders.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.