General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Reliability Manager to join our Facilities department, located in Poway, CA. This position is responsible for managing the design, development, and implementation of facilities related policies, programs, and procedures. Directly manages the operations and maintenance of site and building staff and systems. May manage multiple facilities in multiple locations. Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage overall Facility Risk Management organization strategic direction and day to day oversight / operations, processes, tools and staff of Reliability Engineers.
- Role includes overall responsibility for Facility Risk Management addressing both pro-active and reactive issues across the enterprise portfolio.
- Responsible for Facility Condition Assessments (FCA) process, evaluations, sustainment, reporting as well as strategic planning inputs.
- Performing risk identification and mitigation focusing on reducing impacts to GA-A products, processes & personnel proactively performing facility risk assessments and collaborate with internal customers. Facility incident investigation, root cause corrective actions facilitation, reporting and process oversight to include development of the Facilities Operations & Services Corrective Action Board (CAB).
- Develop and enhance processes and tool sets associated with risk management organization. Build effective partnerships with all GA&A Business Area Leads and functional organizations.
- Formulates and recommends policies, objectives, budgets, plans, procedures and schedules for the department.
- Manages the efforts of various outside design, layout, construction, and service disciplines in the design, costing, alteration, operations, and maintenance at various facilities. .
- Standardizes facilities engineering equipment and procedures.
- Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Assigns tasks, reviews work, and provides direction to staff while ensuring business objectives are met within established timelines.
- Manages the planning, attraction, selection, retention and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required talent.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Preforms other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, facilities management or a related discipline and eleven or more years of progressive professional experience in facilities management with at least five of those years in a management role. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of building and site design, construction, operation and maintenance as well as broad knowledge of design and construction methods and processes related to building construction and maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of codes, standards and regulations as they apply to design, construction, operations and maintenance of buildings and building sites.
- Must be able to organize, schedule, conduct, and coordinate workloads and staff to meet established milestones.
- Must be customer focused and possess a valid California driver’s license with a good driving record verified by the DMV.
- The ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop innovative solutions to a variety of unusually complex matters of diverse scope and nature; excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external parties.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- The ability to select, train, and motivate personnel; the ability to represent the company on external projects; and excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- US citizenship is required.