Job Title: Service Parts Operator
Water technology is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and, as a leading global water technology company, A. O. Smith Corporation is at the center of the trend. We are a $3 billion company with more than 15,000 employees worldwide. Our emphasis is on hot water and clean water; we are one of the world's largest manufacturers of residential and commercial water heating equipment as well as a supplier of water purification products in a number of emerging countries. With manufacturing operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, India and Europe, A. O. Smith has the global reach to serve customers worldwide.
Operator will initiate operations in accordance with customer requirements and monitor performance to optimize production processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Candidate will be responsible for completing training and performing any of the following job functions:
· Responsible for completing training and performing operator functions in accordance with required work instructions.
· Must be able to work with automated machinery and have the ability to perform troubleshooting tasks in order to increase machine up time.
· Will be responsible for packing stock orders.
· Must be able to work with little supervision and be self-motivated.
· Must be flexible to perform varying assignments outside of home department to support the needs of the facility and customer requirements
· Must stand entire 8-hour shift
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or equivalent;
· Basic computer knowledge, such as the AS400
· Must be in good standing within your current scope of responsibilities;
· Comply with all the safety, quality, and procedure requirements as noted in the applicable Work Instructions.