The Maintenance & Reliability Engineer is responsible for monitoring and measuring Off Highway Truck (OHT) performance data throughout the products’ lifecycle. The primary objective is to lead and drive improvement opportunities that are revealed through field data analysis. The analysis results are used to set priorities for field engineering, supplier quality engineering, maintenance, and logistics personnel focused on supporting the after sales fleet.
Essential Job Duties:
- Validate and decipher all sources of global truck performance data.
- Establish metrics to communicate and report on haul truck performance (cost per ton hauled, equipment availability, time to failure, component service life, life-cycle costs, etc.).
- Analyze field data using proven engineering techniques / principles / procedures to continuously improve product performance and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Develop diagnostic and prognostic capabilities that assist in maintaining the truck.
- Identify and communicate best practices of the global mining business to our affiliate network and customer base.
- Monitor field data trends and use study findings to improve overall product performance.
- Lead maintenance and reliability project initiatives; facilitate meetings and implement action plans.
- Participate on cross functional teams that investigate failure modes and root cause analysis.
- Create and publish haul truck KPI reports to highlight field performance trends.
- Develop and maintain all factory prescribed preventive maintenance guidance and instructions.
- Intense focus on MIN PIR field issue resolution process; exploring regional field data to identify and improve field issue resolution time and effectiveness.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from a four-year college or university; with a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years of maintenance and reliability related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.