The ideal candidate has experience in performing general, preventative and emergency maintenance of facilities equipment as well as strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, controls, plumbing and process systems operation and maintenance.
• Maintain, operate, diagnose, analyze and repair industrial facilities equipment including: boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, dehumidifiers, hydronic systems, air compressors/dryers, dust collectors, chemical delivery/storage systems, cryogenic systems and waste water collection and treatment systems.
• Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on facilities systems including required calibrations as scheduled.
• Install or repair various facilities infrastructure equipment and support equipment including ductwork, piping and wiring.
• Plan and execute other skilled mechanical or electrical services as necessary.
• Make periodic inspections of all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
• Monitor and support sub-contractors in performance of work.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in facilities maintenance in an industrial/commercial environment, with preferred experience in a supervision role.
• Understanding of control system interfaces and devices.
• Extensive training in safety practices and able to assess tasks/situations to determine what equipment is needed and develop/communicate procedures necessary to accomplish a task while ensuring worker safety.
• Must be familiar with basic HVAC and electrical codes.
• Ability to consult manuals, read and interpret circuit diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams and other design documents as needed.
• Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives related to building operations and work safety.
• Demonstrated technical ability in the repair and maintenance of industrial HVAC and plumbing systems.
• Self-directed with the ability to be resourceful, plan and organize work.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
• Basic proficiency in MS Office Suite specifically Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk for 10+ hours per day, wear air purifying respirator as needed for specific tasks.
• Ability to lift at least 10 -20 lbs on a regular basis, perform repetitive hand and wrist motions and sometimes may have to twist and bend body.
• Ability to climb ladders/stairs, Work in loud environment. Must be able to discern audible alarms.