The ideal candidate has experience in performing general, preventative and emergency maintenance of facilities equipment as well as strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical, controls, plumbing and process systems operation and maintenance.
· Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, and installs electrical equipment and systems at the TESLA- Gigafactory facility utilizing technical, interpersonal and critical thinking skills. Working as a team with the entire Facilities Operations/Maintenance department, performing general maintenance duties, preventive maintenance, trouble calls, and emergency maintenance as needed and assigned.
· Calibrating and repairing instruments and associated equipment
· Working with electronic control systems including microprocessors, sensors, and final control elements used in automated processes
· Supporting controls group in troubleshooting upgrading and new installation of systems.
· Measuring levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes Testing instrumentation and control systems and maintaining test equipment
· Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
· Repairing and adjusting system components or removing and replacing defective parts
· Installing control and measurement instruments on existing or new plant equipment
· Work on projects throughout the entire facility, connecting devices and using lifts and ladders. Continues to perform equipment repairs and similar duties that require no oversight or direction. Uses complex electrical schematics and blueprints to troubleshoot and correct problems.
· Displays positive attitudes and practices good work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company.
· Provides excellent customer service.
· Complete tasks in a timely manner and provide feedback.
· Complete other tasks as required
· High School diploma or GED along with a preferred Technical Degree in Electrical/Electronics or Instrumentation.
· Knowledge in using hand tools, electrical meter, and testing equipment.
· Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, loop drawings, and P&ID drawings
· Strong knowledge in troubleshooting of motor controls, drives, and electronic components
· Ability to interpret electrical prints and schematics
· Ability to work in high elevation up to 80 ft.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to interact with all levels of management; must have high degree of initiative, and the ability to work alone and effectively with other people
· Good understanding of VFD’s and PLC’s