The Maintenance Engineering Manager plans, organizes, directs, and manages the plant’s Maintenance Engineering Department (MED). The Maintenance Engineering Department consists of Plant Engineering, Equipment Maintenance, Mold/Tooling & Facility Maintenance. This position is responsible for the safety, productivity, effectiveness, and job satisfaction of the Maintenance Engineering Department.
What you'll do:
· Manage all Maintenance, Facility & Engineering personnel
· Manage the department budget for expenses and purchasing
· Research, submit and manage all capital projects for new equipment or site upgrades
· Responsible for plant KPI’s (safety, OEE, scrap, cavitation, product quality, etc.)
· Use Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Program to identify failure modes using RCFA techniques to reduce failure risks and then standardize approach
· Support initiatives to extend asset lifespan, optimize energy usage, inventory management, lower maintenance costs, and identify cost reduction opportunities
· Utilize continuous improvement tools for organization, documentation and problem-solving
What you'll need to have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
· Minimum five to eight years related experience managing a Maintenance and/or Engineering Department
· Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) certification preferred
· Experience in designing and scheduling Preventative Maintenance programs using RCM
· Excellent communication skills, and strong ability to interact with all phases of local and corporate operations
Who we are:
Silgan Closures is the premier provider of sustainable metal and plastic packaging solutions for consumer goods products for food, beverage, healthcare, garden, home, personal care, and beauty products. We are a Global Fortune 500 packaging company with 109 manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe, and Asia.
What we offer:
A career with Silgan Closures offers an opportunity to work for an industry leader with a stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company. We strive to provide a great culture where you feel like a member of our family, and where achievements are recognized and celebrated. The Silgan Team is much more than a place to work – we are part of a larger vision to alleviate world hunger and who strives toward sustainability by reducing our carbon footprint, selecting like-minded suppliers, and providing recyclable products.
· Global Fortune 500 packaging company with 109 manufacturing facilities in North and South America, Europe, and Asia.
· A leading supplier of sustainable metal and plastic packaging solutions for consumer goods products for food, beverage, health care, garden, home, personal care, and beauty products.
· A stable, reliable, and environmentally conscious company.